Christmas at Disneyland Time Lapse

Our Christmas at Disneyland time lapse is the result of thousands of photos taken over numerous trips to the Disneyland Resort during the 2013 and 2014 holiday seasons. We hope you enjoy!

The idea behind the film was to capture the feeling of experiencing Walt Disney’s original Magic Kingdom at its most magical time of year, Christmas. It also happens to be when Anaheim gets the most weather, which painted a perfect wintery backdrop, with rolling clouds and even a little rain.

The images were captured using a Nikon D7000 and a D90, then processed and composed using Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop, After Effects and Premiere Pro.

About Michaela Maselli

Michaela is an artist and photographer living in San Diego. She prefers yoga to running, hiking to shopping, and dark chocolate to just about anything else.

19 Comments

1. James Paul Wetzel January 1, 2015 at 12:56 pm

This was well worth the wait. Excellent work you guys. 🙂

1. @jamespaulwetzel:disqus — Thank you so much!

2. Outstanding!!! What a great way to start the New Year! Thanks for all that you put into your every project. Happy New Year! Hope to see you again sometime.

1. @disqus_5XbuFRZtrT:disqus — Thank you!! Happy New Year to you!

3. you guys are beyond awesome…my childhood memories, and my sons childhood memories are…this. You have captured it perfectly, beautifully! thank you so much!

1. @disqus_waIuWWnIpv:disqus — So glad you enjoyed it and that it brought back fond memories. Thank you for the kind words 🙂

4. This gave me chills and brought tears to my eyes. Thank you guys for capturing that incredible magic of Christmas time at Disneyland. I was unable to visit the parks this holiday season due to a knee injury and this was just that I needed to see!

1. Ariel — I’m sorry to hear you couldn’t make it to the park for the holidays; I hope you recover soon. Thank you for your kind words. I’m glad we could bring a bit of that magic of Christmas to you!

5. You cannot even imagine how much I love this, how it makes me feel warm inside because I live so far away from Disneyland and can only get there every several years or so, how it takes me back to my experiences there and fills my heart to overflowing. I know this must have been a lot of work to produce, but it’s pure magic. And I know this hardly captures my gratitude but…thank you. Extraordinary.

1. Thank you, @rmodien:disqus. That means a great deal to us and we appreciate you sharing how much you enjoyed it. It did take a lot of hard work and some sleepless nights, but now that it’s done we’re glad we put the work in.

6. The clouds really came out great. And excellent work on the dynamic range at night. Perfect music choice. Makes me wish it was still Christmas.

7. What is the name of the song that is part of this piece?

1. Rocketman, the name of the song is “In Festive Expectation of the New Year”. We got it from the Envato Market.

8. What is the name of the song that is part of this piece

9. So wonderful. I, too, didn’t make it to Disneyland for Christmastime 2014. I sat here with a smile on my face and tears in my eyes through the entire film. The It’s A Small World sections and the Main Street train depot at night are especially enchanting! We are returning to Disneyland this May but Christmastime has and will always be my very favorite time to visit. Thanks so much for the time you put into your art and for sharing it with all of us–we appreciate you!

10. Super cool! Fantasmic! The late night shots with an almost deserted look brought chills to my spine. . Erie. We have had the same feelings when riding the last train around the Park just prior to closing. The light are on but nobody’s there!
    Lindley Ruddick